New Vacancy: Shift Operator
22.07.2020 | news
Devoll Hydropower Sh.A. (DHP) is an Albanian registered company, owned and operated by the Norwegian power company Statkraft AS. In line with a Concession Agreement signed and approved by the Albanian Parliament in 2009, Devoll Hydropower will develop, construct and operate hydropower plants in cascade along the Devoll River, in southeast Albania.
We are looking for a Shift Operator for the Statkraft’s Power Plants in the Devoll River. You will be part of a professional team that is responsible for managing the Plants. You will be part of a flexible shift team and will be expected to work night and weekend shifts. The position reports to the Operations Manager.
Areas of responsibility will include but not limited to:
- High focus on Health, Safety, Security and Environment;
- Be well prepared for the operation of Banja HPP and Moglice HPP;
- Realize the production of electrical energy according to the foreseen programs;
- Operate the power plants and watercourse in compliance with licenses and decrees;
- Support the market management for increasing the value of the operation in the power plant;
- Support TSO dispatch centre / Transmission System Operator of the neighbours countries;
- Support, implement and follow procedures for operation;
- Supervise the development of technical specifications and configurations;
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting an normal situations to the management;
- Responsible for reporting failures into the maintenance system;
- Additional tasks/duties as requested by the line manager.
- Electrical technician profile
- TCPE Certificate, “Category IV”;
- Understanding and knowledge of system components and design for hydro power plants;
- At least 3 years of previous experience in HPP system monitoring and operations;
- Communication and reporting skills;
- Flexibility on work start/finish times, in line with the production requirements (may need to work extra hours, as well as with shift patterns either days or nights and weekends);
- Possess excellent decision making skills;
- Ability to understand electrical and mechanical drawings/manuals;
- Fluent in Albanian and English;
- High level of integrity.
Starting date: ASAP
Location: Banja site offices
Devoll Hydropower offers:
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterized by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV’s under the email address: email@example.com with reference code 104/640 until 07/08/2020.